Monday, April 1, 2013

The missing student

In this news article from Inside Higher Ed, a new study is highlighted that talks about inexpensive ways to attract low-income, high achieving students (aka the missing student) to apply to competitive colleges (I think these would equivalent to the SEL I, A's in Bowen's book).  Some of the suggestions were application fee waivers and lots of information/education about the cost of that education.  The study focus mostly on applying to college and not necessarily admission.  In the news article, you will find a link to the PDF for the study, which comes out of Stanford.  Thoughts?

The Missing Student

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Murillo. This is a crucial area of research that I often overlook. I noted that
    the graduation rates, net price and fee waivers were of utmost importance. I'm going to read the information again. I still think mentorship starting at an early age should be part of the discussion.
    ciao,
    amira

    ReplyDelete